R E S U M E
Date of birth:
Home address: Riznerova
1, 040 01
042 00 Košice,
Phone: (+421 55) 602 3259
Phone/fax: (+421 55) 602 3258
· MSc degree from Technical University of Košice, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, in Technical Cybernetics, 1981
Further professional development
Education Certification Program - Director,
Education Certification Program - Senior Manager,
Working with the
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, and Faculty of Economics of
- Associate Professor at
the Faculty of Economics,
1991 - Associate Professor at the Department of Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence,
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics
1987-1991 Assistant Professor at the Department of Technical Cybernetics
1985-1987 Research Worker
2003 - Dean
of the Faculty of Economics,
2000-2003 Associate Dean, Faculty of Economics
1994-1997 Vice-Rector of the Technical University of Kosice - responsible for International Relations and Scientific Activities
Teaching: Investments, e-Business, Project Management., Artificial Intelligence (at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics)
Areas of expertise: e-Government, Knowledge management, e-Business, Investments, Artificial intelligence, Project management, Continuing education.
Published about 90 papers (international conferences, journals, books, workshops etc.)
Participation in R&D EU projects:
· IST-1999-20364 “Web Technologies Supporting Direct Participation in Democratic Processes (Webocracy)“. IST FP5 Project, 2000-2003. Project coordinator.
eTEN Project No 517476,
Interoperability Initiative for a European e-health area (
· IST-2000-29518 eVOTE. IST FP5 Project, 2003-2004, member of the project team of the Kosice Self-governing Region Office.
· IST-1999-29088 „Providing Innovative Service Models and Assessment (PRISMA)“. IST FP5 Project, 2001-2003, team leader at TU Kosice.
· IST-2000-26224 “Best eEurope Practices (BEEP)”. IST FP5 Project, 2002-2003, research team leader at TU Kosice.
· HPSE-CT-2001-00065 „EU Integration and the Prospects for Catch-Up Development in CEECs. The Determinants of the Productivity Gap (Productivity Gap)". FP5 Project, 2001-2004. Application area: Analysis of foreign direct investments and their impact on productivity gap in candidate countries.
· IST-2000-26393 „European Knowledge Management Forum“. Thematic network.
· Esprit Project 29065 “Web in Support of Knowledge Management in Company (KnowWeb)”. 4th Framework Programme Project, 1998-2001, team leader at TU Kosice.
· Esprit Project 29015 “Enriching Representations of Work to Support Organisational Learning (ENRICH)”. FP4 Project, 1998-2000, Research team leader at TU Kosice.
· COPERNICUS project CIPA‑CT94‑0149 "Environment for Configuration Design (ENCODE)". 1994-1997, local coordinator.
Subcontractor in EU R&D projects:
Project 502553 „eInclusion@EU“, coordinator: Empirica Gesellschaft fur Kommunikations − und Technologieforschung
Project 507180 „eUser – Evidence-based support for
the design and delivery of user-centered online
public services”, coordinator: Empirica Gesellschaft fur Kommunikations
− und Technologieforschung
Management of EU funded educational projects:
· TEMPUS Phare IB_JEP 14337-99 “Facilitating Accession to EU Market for Slovak SMEs (EXPO)”. 1999-2001, Project Contractor.
· TEMPUS Phare IB_JEP 13423-98 “Public Administration Training in Support of EU Accession (PATRISEA)”. 1998-2001, Project contractor.
· Leonardo da Vinci Project SK/98/2/05020/pl/II.1.1.b “Educational Consultation Services and Development of Educational Standards for Vocational Training (EDUCRATOS)”. 1998-2001, Project contractor.
· TEMPUS Phare Joint European Project (JEP) 11025/96 "Distance Learning Network in Quality Management (DILEMA)". 1996-1998, Project contractor.
· TEMPUS Phare JEP 09428/95 "Development of Centres for Continuing Education (DECENT)". 1995-1998, Co-ordinator of the project.
Participation/subcontractor in tenders issued by the EC:
eTEN Study, Contract No. C28955 For the eTEN
Unit of DG Information Society, European Commission, contractor: Danish
study: “Member States’ Activities in Information and network Security –
Inventory and Best Practices Guide”, contractor: Empirica
Gesellschaft fur Kommunikations
− und Technologieforschung
Membership in committees/boards:
· Member of the Honorary and Scientific Committee of the European Review of Political Technologies, http://www.politech-institute.org/review.asp?rev=3&page=4
· National expert and correspondent for e-Business W@tchInitiative (http://www.ebusiness-watch.org/)
· Member of the Science Board of the Hi-Tech Incubator Kosice, http://www.kvti.sk/
· Member of the eEurope Advisory Group, Expert Chamber, February 2004-present.
· Reviewer (and rapporteur) of FP5 IST project (EU-Publi.com), July 2004.
· Evaluator of FP6 IST projects, Call 2 (Strategic Objective 18.104.22.168 "Applications and services for the mobile user and worker"), November 2003.
· Evaluator of the eEurope Awards for Innovation in eGovernment applications, eEurope Awards Programme (administered by EIPA), 2003.
· Member of the Information Society Technologies Programme Committee (IST PC), 5th Framework Programme, representative of the Slovak Republic, Brussels, 1999-2001.
Workshop “The Digitisation of European Public
Administrations: What's the Political Dimension of Electronic Governance?” (invited speaker), organised by the European
eGovernment Research Cluster Workshop “eGovernment research in FP6 and beyond” (rapporteur),
Seminar “Community support for eGovernment
projects in Acceding Countries” (invited speaker),
e-Democracy Seminar, presentation of Webocracy project,
Research Advisory Workshop, e-Government,
Civil Society experience:
the Agency for the Support of Regional Development,
the Open Society Foundation,
· Board of Directors of the Carpathian Foundation (Fund for the Development of the Carpathian Euroregion), 1996-1999.
of the Carpathian Region Universities (ACRU has 24 member universities from
Short stays at universities and educational/commercial
Honorary citizen of